Forum

PRO Member

The enhanced listings section of the 'find a landscaper, gardener or garden designer' is slowly being rolled out (there are still one or two bugs but I'm hope these will be fixed soon) with four members already subscribing to the counties* of their choice.

 

I've been testing the Google SERPS and I have to say, I'm returning impressive results since the revamp.

 

Using the search term 'find a landscaper in [add county]' in consistently bringing LJN up as the top result and in most cases, no worse than position 3 - of course, Google has a geographical slant so I'm not expecting these results consistently throughout the United Kingdom but I'm pleased thus far.

 

Bear in mind, these results come above Yell, Rated People, My Hammer, APL, BALI, SGD and for a starting price of just £1.00 per week - and with the added benefit of knowing you are supporting the network - it's relatively small investment for potentially big rewards.

 

I know of one LJN member who has won a £50,000 contract through the Landscape Juice Network and many others who've won smaller jobs.

 

My goal now is to work on bringing 'find a gardener in' and 'find a garden designer in'.

 

I'm happy to work with you to develop the system so it benefits you in the best way possible. For example, if you'd like each county landing page to be split into commercial and domestic, then say. If you'd like a separate page category for designer, landscaper and gardener, then say.

 

I'm hoping, one day, that I can develop a fully automated system.

 

Sign up here

 

 

You need to be a member of Landscaper Network & Forum to add comments!

Join Landscaper Network & Forum

Replies

  • PRO Member
    ...and a note for John, LJ and LJN is returning 2-6 results on the first page of Google for 'Find a landscaper in Devon' :-0))
  • PRO Member

    Thanks Phil, sounds great.

    I would like to subscribe to the enhanced listing. Do you know how the LJN results on Google fair in London (alot of competition in garden design here!)?

     

    Thanks

     

    Jenny

    www.jennybloom.co.uk

  • PRO Member

    Hi Jenny

     

    My searches for 'find a landscaper in London' are bringing LJN up as number one result (this may vary slightly day to day and location to location) see graphic below:

     

    Jenny Bloom said:

    Thanks Phil, sounds great.

    I would like to subscribe to the enhanced listing. Do you know how the LJN results on Google fair in London (alot of competition in garden design here!)?

     

    Thanks

     

    Jenny

    www.jennybloom.co.uk

  • PRO Member

    That's impressive but maybe it currently works better for 'Find a Landscaper' - I Googled 'Find a garden designer' and the LJN only appeared on page 4.

     

    Cheers

     

    Jenny

  • PRO Member

    sounds good.  i think getting jobs for us is key .   rated people etc are not suitable and this would be more of a direct placement/search for people to identify a suitable juicer for their needs , as we all have profile pages and web links.

     

    all the best and a happy new year to all.

     

    www.gardens4u.co.uk

  • sounds great Phil, - i've signed up to an enhanced listing, - sounds like a great way to contribute to the forum, and get something for yourself as well, - as with all things until there are more people on there, it will be more difficult for google to pick up the needed search terms, so i'm thinking of my first few weeks of contribution as a donation. I think it's rather a better investment than a lottery ticket!
  • PRO Member

    Thanks to those who've signed up...I hope it's effective for you but in the meantime, your support is appreciated.

     

    There's a problem with tracking outclicks with Google Analytics GA. Because GA relies on javascipt for execution, it cannot perform because javascript is stripped out of Ning blogs.

     

    I've asked Ning for a hack to get around this problem...I'll keep you posted.

     

    However, as good webmasters, you'll be tracking all inbound traffic for SEO purposes anyway, won't you?  ;-0))

  • PRO Member
    Hi Phil, I dont have a paypal account and tried to sign up with VISA debit card bu wont let me. Are you only taking pyments via Paypal ??

    Philip Voice said:

    Thanks to those who've signed up...I hope it's effective for you but in the meantime, your support is appreciated.

     

    There's a problem with tracking outclicks with Google Analytics GA. Because GA relies on javascipt for execution, it cannot perform because javascript is stripped out of Ning blogs.

     

    I've asked Ning for a hack to get around this problem...I'll keep you posted.

     

    However, as good webmasters, you'll be tracking all inbound traffic for SEO purposes anyway ;-0))

  • PRO Member

    Hi Phil

    I've taken the plunge and submitted my enhanced listing - I am happy to support the network in this way and I think we will all benefit in the long term as Google rankings improve (hopefully for designers as well as landscapers).

    I will let you know if I get any new business from it - and maybe others could feedback too? 

    Thanks

    Jenny

    www.jennybloom.co.uk

  • PRO Member

    Hi Brian

     

    Can you tell me what error you are getting as Paypal should allow you to pay without having an account?


    I can accept payment directly but it would have to be for a minimum of six months if that helps?

     


    Regards

     

    Phil

     

    Brian www.mibservices.co.uk said:

    Hi Phil, I dont have a paypal account and tried to sign up with VISA debit card bu wont let me. Are you only taking pyments via Paypal ??

    Philip Voice said:

    Thanks to those who've signed up...I hope it's effective for you but in the meantime, your support is appreciated.

     

    There's a problem with tracking outclicks with Google Analytics GA. Because GA relies on javascipt for execution, it cannot perform because javascript is stripped out of Ning blogs.

     

    I've asked Ning for a hack to get around this problem...I'll keep you posted.

     

    However, as good webmasters, you'll be tracking all inbound traffic for SEO purposes anyway ;-0))

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Site Operations and Project Supervisor

Employer: Walmsley Shaw Ltd.

Job Type: Full Time

Location: Bristol

We are a small but expanding specialised landscaping company that deliver high-end residential projects to the south and south west England.… Continue

Lawn Care Operative (full time)

Employer: Lawn Master

Job Type: Full Time

Location: RH130TE

Based near Horsham, West Sussex, we are looking for an enthusiastic new member to join our team. This job will suit someone who likes to be… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

Premium Supplier

Pellenc Launches the Rasion Easy Pedestrian Mower

Following the successful launch of the Pellenc Rasion Basic and Smart models in 2015, the company has announced the latest pedestrian rotary mower in the range - the Pellenc Rasion Easy.

The Rasion Easy is a combination of the previous two…

Read more…

Start a landscaping business