Forum

PRO

Etesia Pro 46 PHCT problems

After reading loads of positive reviews on here about the Etesias I bought one in March this year. Absolutely loved it at first - feels solid yet light, great pick up in wet, powerful, upped the revs a bit as agreed with the dealer tho box a bit small. The height adjustment broke after a couple of months and then twice more over the 9 months we had it. Then a week ago one of my guys hit a one inch bit of flint and went straight through the side. My regular supplier doesn’t do Etesia so I’d gone to nearest one that does and now he doesn't want to know - it’s a write off. Almost all its use is on regular’s lawns so hitting stones is rare but surely it does happen to us all? A highly recommended £1k professional mower lasting 8 months doesn’t seem right. Getting another seems way too big a risk now so the lighter ‘semi pro’ Weibang Virtue 53 SSD is looking promising with its proper gear box and shaft. Any comments on either machine guys?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO Supplier
            Yes in normal warranty the dealer is not left out of pocket. Occasionally in special circumstances either the manufacturer or dealer may do an aspect of goodwill, say if a machine is days/weeks out of warranty. I can not commit Etesia as this is not one of our sales, but they are a reasonable company as I think Neal has shown on numerous posts on here.
  • they at one time advertised the strength of the decks by hitting it with a sledge hammer, hit plenty of stones with my 15 year old one and no problem with the deck (even my felco went through one day)

• Wow

I was considering updating my mowers to Estesia but am not so sure taking into account the lack of support given to Nick

My colleague bought a weibang and that has given him no trouble all season

Keep us updated if you get a proactive responce from estasia head office

• PRO
      Following the comments above I’ve today re contacted my local dealer who said he’d contact Etesia H.O. I’ll update.
    • PRO

Although in the interest of balance for every story of issues there are also many of no problems at all. A lot is said of the issues's kaaz have with their roller drive yet no one I know (nor myself) have ever had an issue machine is 7 years old

• PRO

Shows Etesia’s commitment to their products and only fair they had the opportunity to resolve.

How you deal with problem reflects the response you get.

Maintaining a good professional relationship can work wonders.

Having 4off Etesia Pro46’s - 2off push models, 2off single speed models, with one of the push models being (ab)used as a rough cut mower.

Apart of a few self inflicted breakages ( ie coming loose in van and breaking handles etc ) and ware n tear we’ve had no failures.

Also echo Seth’s comment on Kaaz rollers, while many report continued gearbox issues we’ve not had one fail and that topic has been discussed extensively on LJN.

So is it down to service, care, use and type of ground ?

• PRO
    Glad to say Etesia have just agreed to replace the deck on guarantee.
    • PRO
      Great news, well done to Etesia...
This reply was deleted.

Industry Jobs

Garden maintenance operatives – full and part time – Tunbridge Wells area

Experienced gardeners – start a new and exciting career in 2018 Work in the Tunbridge Wells, Uckfield, Lewes and surrounding areas – 7 hour working days Full time – up to £26k, holidays, tools supplied Self employed,  £14.28 – £15.71 per hour Are you an experienced and/or qualified gardener looking for a new and

Landscaper

HortiServices Ltd are well respected Professional Landscapers in South Cambridgeshire, providing design, installation and maintenance services. Our success can be attributed to the loyalty of our customers, high quality of our work and our willingness to go the full mile for our clients. Due to our successful growth we are recruiting for landscaper/landscape labourer to

Hard Landscape Foreman

You will have at least 3 years’ experience of running domestic landscaping projects with project values ranging from 20k-150k, producing work on time to an exceptional standard. Key skills: – ·         Proficient at all aspects of hard and soft landscaping with experience of working with a wide range of materials and budgets. ·         A very

Experienced Landscape Gardener

We are seeking an experienced hard landscaper to join our growing team. The prospective candidate must be proficient and experienced in, patios, decking, stone and brick walling, using site levels and familiar with drainage and be able to work from site drawings/plans. Must be able to work unaided and/or as part of a team.

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

If you've received help from the Landscape Juice Network and you'd like to say thank you, why not make a small donation?

The site is maintained as an indpendent industry resource and it's become an essential tool for those working in the landscape industry.

Thank you

Phil Voice

Founder Landscape Juice

Make a donation

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs

PRO Supplier

Cold Start Kick Starts Edgbaston’s Greens

Eddie Mills, Course Manager at Edgbaston Golf Club in Birmingham, believes that his fully integrated iTurf programme has helped him maintain his particularly stubborn clay-based greens to an exceptional standard.

Established in 1896,…

Read more…