About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• PRO

What does etc. mean? Did you check all the safety switches? Carb not blocked? Broken wiring? Ignition barrel worn out?

• Hi Seth,

I've checked all safety switches,I've just put on new barrel and checked wiring.
    I'm stractching my head here.
  • PRO
    Starter motor?<br />
    <br />
    Edit as Seth said it's likely to be a safety switch somewhere not engaging or just not working anymore

Edit again how about fuses?!
    • Thanks
  • PRO Supplier
    Firstly go through basics, check the hand brake is on, cutter switch is off and pedals are centralised in neutral position. It sounds basic but 90 % of non start issues are.

It is fairly straight forwards to test through the wiring route. With a basic multi meter check power is in to solenoid on main ht lead. When hand brake is on, cutters disengaged check that power reaches other side of solenoid when ignition switch is in start position, if it does power up the fault is on starter motor, or (unusually) there is a break in cable from solenoid to starter.

If the solenoid does not send power out on the lead connected to the starter use multi meter to check if the low tension wire has 12 volts when switch is in start position. If it does have twlelve volts ( or more) but the HT lead connected to starter does not go to 12 volts or activate starter change solenoid.

If low tension wire does not go to 12 volts then go back to the ignition switch and safety switches to see if fault is there. Each of the safety switches can be checked individually. The seat switch and grass bag switch do not effect starting, if hand brake switch and pedal neutral switches are okay then it will start if cutters are switched off, regardless of seat position and grass bag position.

Hope this helps
    • Will try all thanks
      • It fires up if I bridge the solenoid, does this mean it's the starter motor ?

Thanks

Marc
        • No. Have you checked every safety sensor? That's where your problem will be.

By bridging the solenoid all you are doing is taking 12v from the permanent feed to the starter from the battery, and using it to activate the solenoid. The little wire should send 12v to the solenoid only when the key is turned and all safety switches are closed

Go and test every switches operation with a multimeter.

• PRO

As Derek has already said (in perfect detail) these problems are normally something very simple just overlooked

any etesia machine will not turn over the engine at all if =

blade switch is on

handbrake is off (no one on the seat or faulty seat switch)

forward or reverse peddle is down (or neutral switch for peddles is stuck / faulty)

if all the basics check out fine (use a basic multi metre to circuit test safety switch's if needed) then go through Derek's simple instructions but most likely you will find the issue being on the seat switch

• Cheers Neal
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…