Landscape Industry Forum

End of year accounts

I've got my annual meeting with the accountant in a couple of weeks to submit my end of year accounts for him to deal with.Anyone got any tips on things we should claim for ?I claim for use of home as office and the obvious things like tools, etc.I read on LJN recently a post by someone, ( I think it was Progard ), who said they claim for laundering work clothes.I've never claimed for that and it's the sort of tip I was thinking of, something you can claim for that's not necessarily claimed by the majority or you think people are not generally aware of.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• PRO Member
    I'm going to put a motorbike purchase thru later on this years accounts - tax advantageous so says my accountant....;-00))
  • Gary

Don't through you tools out through them to me I'm sure they'll come in handy one day.

Thanks for the tip on works laundry
  • Considered riding my push bike to see quotes.

HMRC will allow me 16p per mile, plus I keep fit in the process.
  • PRO Member
    I think you can claim capital allowance on push bikes bought for 'staff' usage....

Paul @ Ashgate Garden Care said:
    Considered riding my push bike to see quotes.

HMRC will allow me 16p per mile, plus I keep fit in the process.
  • A donation to LJN.
  • I can't remember if I included my LJN donation in the years accounts that I have just sent to the accountant.
    Can't remember which month I donated it either.
    Not quite sure how much it was.
    Or if I actually did it,? - perhaps it was APL.

Must check the side effects of these antibiotics.

ROWLY HILL said:
    How's the mouth bearing up John..sounds painfull...I've had abcesses before and lost a couple of teeth because of them.

Tax deductable expense? Mole(ar)work?

I put my LJ donation through the business.

John www.acegardenservices.co.uk said:
    A donation to LJN.
  • Apparently if your clothing has your business logo or badge on it then it can be put through as a business expense. There was a very interesting item on Radio 4 Money Box this week - it can be downloaded as a podcast here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/moneybox
  • Actually - scrub that link, it was another program and I cant remember what it was!

Sarah Russell said:
    Apparently if your clothing has your business logo or badge on it then it can be put through as a business expense. There was a very interesting item on Radio 4 Money Box this week - it can be downloaded as a podcast here http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/moneybox
This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Sponsors