Forum

Dureable waterproof footwear

I can never seem to get a good pair of waterproof work footwear.I've tried boots and trainers ( all protective toe caps) and never found one that's built to stay waterproof for more than a few months.What do you guys use and recommend?I do a lot of lawnmowing so that involves a lot of walking.Please no wellingtons :-).I have used brands from haix, 2 pairs, both leaked within weeks, to screwfix cheapies.They need to be comfortable and durable.Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I use these

https://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/Footwear/S3_Safety_Footwear/S3_...

Last 18 months to two years get used in winter for gritting too (so caked in salt all the time) always stayed 100% waterproof and comfortable.

S3 Safety boots Oberstdorf - engelbert strauss
    The safety boots from engelbert strauss will bring you home safely. Discover the fashionable and high-quality safety boots S3. Order high quality max…
    • Just ordered a pair of these.
      S3 Safety boots Oberstdorf - engelbert strauss
      The safety boots from engelbert strauss will bring you home safely. Discover the fashionable and high-quality safety boots S3. Order high quality max…
  • PRO

I just chose these - they were a bit stiff for the first day or so, now they are ace - and are everything they say they are.

https://www.engelbert-strauss.co.uk/Footwear/S3_Safety_Footwear/S3_...

e.s. S3 Safety boots Regulus mid - engelbert strauss
    • Just ordered a pair of these as well.
      e.s. S3 Safety boots Regulus mid - engelbert strauss
  • PRO

I've recommended the Strauss (Oberstdorf - my Favs from the range) S3 boots on LJN for over 6-7 years. I've used them for 10+yrs since Strauss started to make them easily available in the UK. Most of my guys also swear by them and I wouldn't go onsite without my pair. I have 3 or so sets on the go at anyone time.

Do a Strauss search on LJN and note the feedback. For the price they can't be beaten and are so lightweight which means after a days hard slog your don't feel like you've been wearing 'diver's boots' :)

• Hey Gary. Thanks for advice.
      Have to ask though, why do you have 3 sets on the go at any one time if they are that good?

I think I'll try a pair though.
      • PRO

I've just always done that - allows them to air after my smelly feet have been in them all day.....

So, do you wear the same underpants everyday ? ;)

• PRO
          4 days is the norm right?
        • PRO

Your blue has stayed remarkably unfaded. Mine tend to go the colourr of the righthand ones within about a week...

• Yup, inside out and back to front :-)
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Construction Manager

Job Summary We are an established garden design and build company looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Landscape Construction Manager. This is a hands-on role which involves building high end garden designs and overseeing the on site team.… Continue

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Blogs