Forum

Dureable waterproof footwear

I can never seem to get a good pair of waterproof work footwear.I've tried boots and trainers ( all protective toe caps) and never found one that's built to stay waterproof for more than a few months.What do you guys use and recommend?I do a lot of lawnmowing so that involves a lot of walking.Please no wellingtons :-).I have used brands from haix, 2 pairs, both leaked within weeks, to screwfix cheapies.They need to be comfortable and durable.Thanks

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

De Walt Challenger2 for me. Best boots I've ever had although I should add I wear riggers in really wet grass. The Challengers are waterproof though.

• PRO

I use Dewalt Challenger 3 boots. Really comfy when on your feet all day, worked in all weather and not had a wet foot yet. They have steel caps and mid sole and good grip. They are about £100 but well worth it I feel. 

• PRO

I didn't know there was a Challenger 3! I notice they are about 50% more expensive mind!

• PRO

Challenger 3 boot are just the latest version - uses Sypatex rather than Goretex for the waterproof/breathable layer. To be honest not noticed any difference! Good place to get them re price is TLC Electrical

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Grounds Maintence operative

Employer: IH MOWING LTD

Job Type: Full Time

An opportunity to join an expanding Grounds Maintenance Company based in Warwickshire. The ideal candidate will have experience and Knowledge of… Continue

Skilled Landscaper

Employer: Abbeyfield Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Abbeyfield Landscapes is a Southwest Landscaping and ground maintenance company and we are looking for a dedicated landscaper to… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO

Topdressing grass verges

HiI have a client who wants his existing grass verges raised and 'levelled' by approximately 25mm. He's had new steel edgings installed and wants to bring the verges up to the top of the edgings by topsoiling over the existing grass. What is the…
Read more…
Comments: 0