Forum

PRO

Dismantling sleeper walls and beds

I am quoting for a job where we need to remove a children's play area and some raised beds, all constructed from softwood sleepers.  They have only been down a max of 5 years, so if I possibly could, I'd like to save as many sleepers as possible.  Some are screwed together with big crosshead screws, some bolted with hex head timber screws.

Realistically, am I going to be able to separate them to re-use (for me to use, the customer doesn't want them) or will I be wasting my time and should just cut them up with my chainsaw?

Cheers, Darren

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Darren what state are the sleepers in when you got them out ?

• PRO

Not too bad. We threw one away.  It would be hard to pass them off to a customer without some sort of discount.  However, I have a project in my own garden in mind :-)

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Garden Maintenance Operative

Employer: The English Garden Co Ltd

Job Type: Full Time

A high end garden maintenance company in South Mimms, is looking for YOU! Working as part of a 2-3 man team in London and… Continue

Landscape gardeners/labourers

Employer: Interactive Management Agency Limited

Job Type: Project

Our client manages the maintenance of both public and private parkland at a variety of locations across Sweden.… Continue

Skilled Landscape Operative

Employer: Foxcroft Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Foxcroft Landscapes are a well established, multi award winning company delivering prestige commercial and domestic projects throughout… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs