Forum

PRO

Designer looking for landscapers

I am a garden designer with horticultural qualifications looking for a landscaper that also does softlandscaping. I am based towards the north of Lincolnshire. For 10 years I have always done the planting side myself, but this year i have made the change to full time design. I need someone I can recommend to customers that could do the hard landscaping but also the planting, if that's what the customer wanted. Many Landscaping companies offer a design service as well so aren't interested.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Hi Michelle,

We do something similar to yourself, and have been searching for years.  There are two companies that I can suggest, Astek Garden Design & Build, Richard although doing designs also works for & alongside other designers, they are 'excellent'. http://www.astekyork.co.uk/

And recently I finally found another company based at Stamford Bridge, Wild Landscapes run Steph & Tom.  They do soft & hard landscaping. http://www.wildlandscapesltd.com/ ; They are also more than happy to work with designers.

Good luck

• PRO

Thanks Geofrey,

Its a long way for these guys, but maybe the lesson is I shouldn't be afraid to at least approach companies who say the do design as well, becuse I won't find out if I don't ask.

• PRO

I found it quite difficult to garner a response from most outfits.  I know Astek have worked as far as Durham, were looking at job near Whitby for us so I'd ask them.  Speak to Richard he may be able to point someone nearer out to you.

And as for the other co. well I know they work all over North Yorkshire and have worked in Manchester.

Whereas local landscapers to us think travelling more than 5 miles is a long way!

• Yes you have to done all work by you so that you know every thing about your work.

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Tree Surgeon

Employer: Bawden Group

Job Type: Full Time

Wiltshire tree surgeons Bawden Tree Care, is part of the Bawden Group a privately owned company, delivering tree care and… Continue

Grounds Maintenance Supervisor

Employer: Bawden Group

Team Leader / Supervisor required to manage team(s) of mobile grounds maintenance and gardening staff in the delivery of grounds… Continue

Skilled Landscaper required

Employer: Scott\'s elite landscapes

Undertake all aspects of hard and soft landscaping construction. Using machines and setting out sites.. managing projects… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs