Forum

combi or not

I need a few new tools, i want a bent shaft strimmer for doing neat edges of grass, also a long pole hedge cutter and possible a pole saw. Not sure to buy uits separate and forgot the pole saw or buy a combi system . What do you guys rekon? If buy seperate and no pole saw same price as combi with pole saw. Also from a security point of view which is better to buy as had stuff stolen recently through break ins. Also if combi i dont want it mega heavy is Km100 heavy? as i know the 130 is.

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I have a Stihl combi and it suits me well, although I have it because it fits in my vehicle easier than full length machines. I have the KM130 and I find the weight ok, so I'm probably not the best person to ask about the weight of the KM100. I don't have many hedges where I need to use it to reach across the top of the hedge though, which is when I find you really notice the weight. I have the straight shaft strimmer head and find it fine for edging.

• PRO Supplier

I have just purchased my first Stihl Kombi system and I like the idea of being able to attach multiple attachments. As Chris mentioned it is very useful for putting into vehicles, I also have the 130 model and find it fine for weight. Long-term, I thought I may purchase another Power unit as a backup for the busy times! If you want to use a strimmer head buy the metal cutting blade GSB 230-2 - KombiTool as you can also fit the strimmer head to this attachment. If you buy the FS-KM AutoCut C25-2 - KombiTool this will only take a strimmer head and you will not be able to fit a metal blade to the attachment.

• PRO
    I bought a km with 1m extension and hedge trimmer. I can reach 15ft now so will save me from 'kamakazi'ing' through hedges with laders!

I plan on buying the chainsaw attachment to.

Good investment!
    • PRO

Do you find the 1m extension manageable Matt, I have a km and thinking about purchasing one for the extra reach?

• PRO

It's heavy but it is completly managable.

• PRO

I have the KM130 also, but I have a FS40 strimmer which I use for edging lawns. My only niggle with the KM130 is the four-mix engine.  It's higher maintenance than your regular 2 stroke.

Oh, and don't forget to stock up on the plastic inserts that go in the end of your accessories.  

• There really isn't any significant extra maintenance with the 4-mix engines................. there's only the valve adjustment which is something you can easily do yourself and once you've done it once, it only takes a 5 minutes at the most.  They are slightly heavier though which might put people off.

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Apprentice Landscape Gardeners

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled hard Landscaper

We require an experienced and well-presented landscaper capable of leading a small team. They must have at least 3 years’ experience in a broad range of hard and soft landscaping including paving, decking, groundworks, brick and blockwork,… Continue

Garden Maintenance Operative

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Skilled Landscape Gardener

The Outdoor Room is a multi award winning garden design and construction company.  We are passionate about designing, creating and caring for beautiful gardens and landscapes.  Our knowledgeable, experienced and creative team offers a professional,… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs