Forum

PRO

Claiming your google page?

I don't know why, but I just can't get my head around this.

When I (or potential customers) google "gardeners stourbridge" we pop up in the list as I would hope we would.  

Then there is a google box that gives more info but I am unable to edit it.  I can suggest an edit but not make direct changes.  I have tried to go through the verify process but to be honest, I got confused/fed up/lost track/gave up.

There were two listings at one point so I applied to take management of one so I could remove it and appeared to be sending emails to myself about it via google.

There are however, a couple of other firms with at the same/similar name that are not in our immediate area but close enough to pop up too.  I'm not concerned about them at this stage, I just want to get some consistency across our own Website/Google page/Facebook page/Yell.com listing etc.

For clarity here - we are Rain-or-Shine Garden Services and based in Stourbridge West Midlands DY8 3BQ

Can any one advise in simple, non-technical terms the process I need to go through to achieve my aim please?

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

Hi,

Have you claimed your business in https://www.google.co.uk/business/go/ ?

You can edit the details there when verified.

• PRO Supplier
    As Matt says you need to go through the structured process via google business and they will either send or post a verification code. From memory you then have about 3 days to go on and verify the account as yours.

Changes to photos etc. are not all immediate as I believe the process has a built in moderation.

It is a valuable resource so recommend you persevere.
  • PRO

I tried to but it all got a bit sketchy.  I think I may have registered a page ages ago under a different account that I no longer have the details for.  I do get visitor reports from google emailed to me but still don't seem to own the page.  As I said, I can't get my head round it all!

• PRO

Like many, I guess, I also became confused with Google and it's continually changing offerings. It's my understanding that Google Business now replaces Google + etc. We've tried several times to set Google+ up in the past and know we have several iterations that we seem unable to access/control.

What I found useful was this from Simply Business and as someone who likes 'pictures' I found this started to explain it for me....

It's also my list to resolve when I've the brain power !

• PRO

Cheers Gary, it looks like it should be easier to follow but I'm in my afternoon lull now so my brain is only at 50%.  Will take a look when I'm a bit fresher (brain wise, not BO wise;-)   )

This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Garden Maintenance Operative

Employer: The English Garden Co Ltd

Job Type: Full Time

A high end garden maintenance company in South Mimms, is looking for YOU! Working as part of a 2-3 man team in London and… Continue

Landscape gardeners/labourers

Employer: Interactive Management Agency Limited

Job Type: Project

Our client manages the maintenance of both public and private parkland at a variety of locations across Sweden.… Continue

Skilled Landscape Operative

Employer: Foxcroft Landscapes

Job Type: Full Time

Foxcroft Landscapes are a well established, multi award winning company delivering prestige commercial and domestic projects throughout… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs