Forum

Replies

• PRO
      That did make me chuckle:)
      (The not answering the phone bit!)
      • PRO Supplier

It wasn't meant to sound like that Richard!

I always think that text messages and emails can very easily become mis-interpreted when people cannot hear the tone of your voice!

• PRO
          I know it's just made me laugh:)
  • PRO
    Sorted now
    • PRO
      Would be great if you could let us all know the outcome? I'm sure there will be lots of interest on the LJN search engine for the chemical treatment of box blight in the future, many thanks Harry
  • PRO

Signum and Opera professional fungicides work well. Need PA1 and PA6 to apply.

• PRO Supplier

Apologies for the delay Marcus, very busy with training. Glad we got it sorted in the end.

Hope to speak to you again soon

• PRO

Can you relay the outcome.... Or at least what you would recommend?

Many thanks

• Frankly, I would remove the affected box hedge and put it on a bonfire immediately to reduce infecting other box plants in the garden. Also rake off the dropped leaves on the soil and remove a couple of inches of the soil and replant with another species of hedging such ilex crenata. In my view, the use of chemicals is pointless as it is only a suppressant and will never in my mind be a healthy hedge. One of my clients bought in a some box hedging against my advice and 6 months later, all the box hedges (including the mature ones in the garden) became infected. The whole lot was dug up and put on a bonfire. Happily, the replaced hedging is beginning to settle in ok after 4 years. Just my opinion.
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Experienced Tree Surgeon

Employer: Bawden Group

Job Type: Full Time

Wiltshire tree surgeons Bawden Tree Care, is part of the Bawden Group a privately owned company, delivering tree care and… Continue

Grounds Maintenance Supervisor

Employer: Bawden Group

Team Leader / Supervisor required to manage team(s) of mobile grounds maintenance and gardening staff in the delivery of grounds… Continue

Skilled Landscaper required

Employer: Scott\'s elite landscapes

Undertake all aspects of hard and soft landscaping construction. Using machines and setting out sites.. managing projects… Continue

Latest blog post

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs