Forum

Blue tooth headsets

I have just bought a blue tooth headset/ear defenders. I am aware or the posts regarding people's issue with listening to music etc while working but as a sole trader the ability to answer a call as soon a customer calls makes a huge difference to my customer service levels.Does anyone else have a tip or one thing they did that really improved their business

You need to be a member of Landscape Juice Network to add comments!

Join Landscape Juice Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• PRO

I normally pop in to any new customer on the way home .... never lost a job for being on the ball. I have lost a few because i left it a few days though, its how i learnt this lesson. Must be an area thing. 

• PRO

More than likely a chance thing. As in it doesnt make too much of a difference to most people whether you go the same night or the next Saturday morning.

• PRO

No ... it really isnt .. not in my experience. Might be different for bigger jobs.

• PRO
              People that want you here same day can find someone else. Been doing this too long to pander to anyone.
              Just my experience but when I did rush to get to people they were the worst ones to work for.
              Same goes for the ones that say "possible future work" not interested in them either!
              • PRO

I dont recall many (if any) needing or dictating they wanted a same day service. However for lawns mowing, i have found it pays to get their first.

Its not a big price commitment for most so i have found customers tend to go with who they see first (unless a recommendation).

My philosophy is that i want first choice on whether its a job i want. I keep the area i cover very local so popping in on way home is a non-issue. 

• PRO
                  I was exaggerating slightly there, however the sentiment remains for me at least. I too keep a small radius (3 miles unless I really want the job).
                  I'm just past the stage of rushing to look at jobs I think.
                  Also think there's something to be said for not being able to get there so soon as it means you are busy. Just my thoughts everyone needs to do what works for them.
  • PRO

LG 750 Blue tooth head set.

I use these and also use Samsung Planner on my phone to schedule jobs with my free hands. 

You can, answer, plan and schedule jobs on the spot with new customers etc..

Thank you, Craig.

LG Tone Pro HBS-750 Bluetooth Headset Stereo Wireless - Blue | Tablet Phone Case
    The LG TONE PRO™ headset’s ergonomic 3D NeckBehind™ (Around-The-Neck Wearing Style with Body-Contoured Fit) design provides a comfortable, curved fit…
    • PRO

I feel headphones are a great solution if you have the resources and energy to process all the calls you receive and totally understand if you have a vision and set targets for the direction of your business .  When i was super efficient i found it became counterproductive in the end as i couldn't cope with the work load i had set myself and it's meant a lot of fine tuning to try and get the balance right but for me its no longer about numbers or job fillers .  

I agree though there has to be a professional courteous approach to dealing with enquiries and i find the best one that works for me is when i get home is to send a polite text to those who have taken the trouble to leave voice mails , oddly i have had many text back to say thank you , you are the only one who has responded which speaks volumes .  However i won't return calls to landlines as too many will start to give me a rundown of the job they want doing before i can get a word in edge ways to tell them i was ringing to say sorry no can do .  

A recent message i left on my answer phone to say sorry no capacity had to be scrapped after it offended a valued client and other people i respect told me no this is not the way to run a business . 

LG Tone Pro HBS-750 Bluetooth Headset Stereo Wireless - Blue | Tablet Phone Case
      The LG TONE PRO™ headset’s ergonomic 3D NeckBehind™ (Around-The-Neck Wearing Style with Body-Contoured Fit) design provides a comfortable, curved fit…
      • John I'm the exact same. Too busy to ring everyone back for long conversations! I too text when I'm not available and often don't call back landlines.
  • Maybe is Paul and my sales training and we also are roughly in the same market segment i.e mostly lawns. In my area most guys are the same price but we are getting quite saturated with the car and trailer brigade. Therefore getting a customer call answered can be important if you need the business or are expanding. I will say I didn't run and cut a lawn and especially the "I need it done by Friday (tenent moving out) jobs" I explain that I will add then to my run and give them a day that I should be there. Horses for courses I guess
This reply was deleted.

Landscape industry Jobs

Landscape Operative

Additional landscape operatives required by commercial soft landscape contractor based in Crondall for immediate start. Landscape CSCS/CPCS preferable but not essential as full training given. Competitive salary and advancement opportunities for the… Continue

Junior Gardener

JOB BACKGROUND: Do you have high standards?  Are you able to commit to a role and work hard to maintain those high standards?  Are you keen to start a career in the horticultural industry with a company that will support and train you? Our Junior… Continue

Landscaper

Countryside Services is expanding – we have an increasing amount of bespoke, designed gardens on our books and need new staff. Your commitment to us: to be enthusiastically hard working (in all weathers), keen to learn and prepared to work long… Continue

Gardener

Our client is a successful family business with clients in both the residential and commercial sectors. They are now ready for the business’s next stage of expansion. They really are passionate about gardening and landscaping, providing a vast range… Continue

Latest blog post

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…

Trade green waste centres

Start a landscaping business

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

Technical landscaping books

Blogs

PRO Supplier

ICL paves the way for more games at Pride Park Stadium

Nathan Scarff, Head Groundsman at Derby County FC, has revealed that a range of ICL products have helped him achieve his main target of hosting more games at Pride Park Stadium without compromising on the quality of the pitch.

Nathan…

Read more…
PRO Supplier

After being selected as the official mower at the two most recent FIFA World Cup’s in South Africa and Brazil, Dennis Mowers will be the mower of choice for the 2018 tournament in Russia.

The Dennis G860 cylinder mower will have the task…

Read more…