About the Landscape Juice Network

Founded in 2008. The Landscape Juice Network (LJN) is the largest and fastest growing professional landscaping and horticultural association in the United Kingdom.

LJN's professional business forum is unrivalled and open to anyone within within the UK landscape industry

LJN's Business Objectives Group (BOG) is for any Pro serious about building their business.

For the researching visitor there's a wealth of landscaping ideas, garden design ideas, lawn advice tips and advice about garden maintenance.

Replies

• Can't really go wrong with a LWB vivaro/traffic. 2 tonne towing capacity, car like to drive, plenty of choice and value compared to a VW T5.
  • PRO

One that pulls way more than 2 tonne. SWB Iveco would be my choice.

• PRO

The trailer you reference (TT2515) has an unladen weight of approx 750KG and gross weight of 2700KG - would suggest a heavy duty ie rear wheel drive van would be more suited to this if often running at full weight. 750kg of 'dead weight' pulling away is a severe test on a front wheel drive clutch and vivaro and trafic gearboxes and clutches are known to be not very heavy duty at all.

Second Ivecos - I used to run one of the older generation ones, a heavyweight twin wheel version and it often (and legally) towed 3 tons without issue.

• Hi Adam,

Cheers for that, can you get a smaller Iveco as not wanting massive van? Usually would be just putting over tonne in it for picking up materials or more tonnage be handy right enough.
      • This is were I agree with you, my Vivaro is pulling a twin axle 12ft by 5 ft cage sided trailer, but the only thing ever in it is branches and leaves. I do second Iveco as a van, but if bit hauling the trailer 5 days a week consider what van will suit both purposes.
        • Yeah usually only 1.5 tonnes and then would use skip for bigger loads we are thinking. Vivaro could be option as don't want massive van.
          • PRO

A SWB iveco is only slightly larger than a swb transit.

• PRO

Look at loads on rear axle as well. Suspect if your carrying much weight in the van, you'll be maxing the rear axle load on a vivaro to capacity with a badly loaded trailer.

Also, (and likely wrong!), but in the back of my mind I thought there was something about the vehicle had to be rated capable for the max trailer rating.

This reply was deleted.

LJN Sponsor

Advertising

PRO Supplier

Agrovista Amenity is excited to announce that it will be continuing its partnership with national environmental charity The Tree Council, pledging to sponsor the planting of more than a thousand trees. The trees will be planted over the next…

Read more…